Enjoy the flavors of fall all year long with this mouthwatering roast recipe.
Makes: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: More than 60 Minutes
- 1 boneless Star Ranch Angus® chuck arm roast (3 to 3 1/2 lb)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 2 large carrots, cut into 2 ½ x ½-inch pieces
- 2 large parsnips, cut into 2 ½ x ½-inch pieces
- 1 small leek, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef pot roast. Heat oil in stock pot over medium heat until hot. Brown pot roast. Pour off drippings.
- Add ¾ cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 hours. Add vegetables; continue cooking, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until pot roast and vegetables are fork-tender. Remove pot roast and vegetables; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Measure and return 2 cups cooking liquid to stock pot. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Carve pot roast. Serve with vegetables and sauce.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.
Slowly brown beef on all sides in small amount of oil in heavy pan over medium heat. Pour off drippings. Season beef with herbs or spices, as desired.