Bacon Beer Cheeseburger
Pop a top and pour a cold one into this bold, cookout-ready recipe.
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 1 ½ lb Star Ranch Angus® ground beef
- ¼ cup beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger rolls, split, toasted
- 4 strips bacon, cut in half, cooked crisp
- Leaf lettuce
- Combine ground beef, beer and Worcestershire sauce in bowl; mix lightly. Shape ground beef mixture into four, ¾ inch thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 11 to 15 minutes (13 to 14 minutes over medium heat on preheated gas grill) to medium (160°F) doneness, until patties are not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
- Serve burgers in rolls with bacon, lettuce and your favorite condiments.
Prepare grill (charcoal or gas) according to manufacturer's directions for medium heat. To check temperature on a charcoal grill, cautiously hold the palm of your hand above the coals at cooking height. Count the number of seconds you can hold your hand in that position before the heat forces you to pull it away, approximately 4 seconds for medium heat.