Beef Rib Roast With Citrus-Maple Glaze
Makes: 4 to 8 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 2-¼ to 3 hours
- Large mixing bowl
- Large roasting pan with wire rack
- Meat thermometer
- 1 Star Ranch Angus bone-in rib roast, 2-4 ribs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Combine ingredients for citrus-maple glaze in a large mixing bowl. Set aside half of the glaze for basting and with the remaining half of the glaze, brush roast.
- Place roast fat side up on wire rack in roasting pan and insert ovenproof meat thermometer. Roast at 350°F for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours or 135°F internal temp for medium rare or 2 1/2 to 3 hours or 145°F internal temp for medium. Basting as needed.
- Transfer roast to carving board and tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest for 15 to 20 minutes as internal temperature rises another 15-20°F. Slice and serve.
Place roast (directly from refrigerator), fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan (the exception is a rib roast; the ribs form a natural rack).