Make it a celebration to remember.
Makes: 8 to 10 Servings
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: More than 60 Minutes
- 1 Star Ranch Angus® rib roast bone-In (2 to 4 ribs), small end, chine (back) bone removed (6 to 8 lb)
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard, divided
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine 3 tablespoons mustard, steak seasoning and rosemary in small bowl. Rub evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place Roast, fat-side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours for medium-rare; 2 1/2 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberries and honey in medium saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until berries burst and mixture is syrupy. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons mustard; remove from heat. Set aside.
- Remove Roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium-rare; 145°F for medium doneness. Transfer Roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10° to 15°F to reach 145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve Roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with cranberry sauce.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.
Place roast (directly from refrigerator), fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan (the exception is a rib roast; the ribs form a natural rack).