Dip into great flavor with peanut butter, lime and the right kick of spice!
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Star Ranch Angus® top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce, divided
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup water
- Cut beef steak crosswise into ¼-inch thick strips. Combine 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce and beef in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, peanut butter, lime juice and crushed red pepper. Stir in water. Set aside.
- Soak eight, 10-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Thread beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer.
- Place skewers on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Serve with peanut sauce.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.
Turn or stir the beef occasionally to allow even exposure to the marinade.