Honey Braised Brisket Sliders
These sliders may be small, but they pack a big punch in terms of flavor.
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Hours
- 3 ½ lb Star Ranch Angus® brisket point
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ cup beef stock
- ⅔ cup honey, divided
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 12 slider buns
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
- 4 oz arugula
- 12 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 oz pickle slices
- Rub brisket with 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil. Combine salt, pepper, paprika and garlic; sprinkle over brisket.
- In large skillet, heat remaining 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil over high heat; add brisket and sear 5 minutes per side or until browned. Add onions when browning brisket on the last side. Transfer brisket and onions to a crock pot.
- Add stock, ½ cup honey and thyme to skillet; stir to deglaze. Pour liquid over brisket in crock pot. Cook for 6 to 7 hours on medium heat or until fork tender.
- Shred brisket into chunks; place in large skillet. Drizzle remaining honey, about 3 tablespoons over brisket. Sear brisket, stirring frequently, over medium heat for approximately 4 to 5 minutes until lightly crisped.
- Divide shredded brisket among slider buns; garnish with tomato slices, arugula, cheese and pickle slices.
Season beef (directly from the refrigerator), as desired, before placing beef in a preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water; do not cover.