Simply slice, season, sizzle and serve!
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 4 Star Ranch Angus® beef ribeye steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 6 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium zucchini or yellow squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch-pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Place potatoes in 2 quart microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH 2 to 4 minutes or until just fork tender. Cool slightly.
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press half the mixture evenly onto beef steaks. Combine remaining half with butter; set aside.
- Alternately thread vegetables on metal skewers.
- Place steaks and kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; brush kebabs with some of the seasoned butter. Grill steaks, uncovered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 14 minutes) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill kebabs about 10 minutes, turning once and brushing with remaining seasoned butter. Season with salt and pepper.
Prepare grill (charcoal or gas) according to manufacturer's directions for medium heat. To check temperature on a charcoal grill, cautiously hold the palm of your hand above the coals at cooking height. Count the number of seconds you can hold your hand in that position before the heat forces you to pull it away, approximately 4 seconds for medium heat.