From dinner party entree to holiday feast, this is sure to be a hit around the table!
Makes: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: More than 60 Minutes
- 1 Star Ranch Angus® strip loin roast (about 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Rub outside of meat with olive oil, salt, black pepper, rosemary and garlic.
- Place roast into a medium sized roasting pan with a rack inside (so that oven heat can circulate all the way around the roast).
- Roast in middle of oven at 400ºF for 10 minutes, watching to make sure that garlic does not get too brown. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF and lay a 10” piece of foil loosely over the roast to keep garlic from burning. Set timer for 50 minutes.
- After the timer goes off, begin to monitor the cooked temperature with a meat thermometer. Total cooking time should be around 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours but will vary based on different ovens and desired doneness. Final temperature for medium-rare should be 135ºF, with a resting time of 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Place roast (directly from refrigerator), fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan (the exception is a rib roast; the ribs form a natural rack).