Fire up the grill and prepare for a juicy, cheesy classic!
Makes: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 2 lb Star Ranch Angus® ground beef
- 1/4 cup regular or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Romaine lettuce, tomato slices, red onions
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard.
- Lightly shape ground beef into eight, 1/2 inch thick patties. Place patties on grill over medium heat. Grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes on preheated gas grill until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper after turning. About 1 minute before burgers are done, top with cheese.
- Serve in buns with sauce, lettuce, tomato and onion.
Prepare grill (charcoal or gas) according to manufacturer's directions for medium heat. To check temperature on a charcoal grill, cautiously hold the palm of your hand above the coals at cooking height. Count the number of seconds you can hold your hand in that position before the heat forces you to pull it away, approximately 4 seconds for medium heat.