Shredded Beef Lettuce Wraps
Who needs carbs when you’ve got lettuce wraps as delicious as these?
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 3 to 4 Hours
- 1 lb Star Ranch Angus® sirloin
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 star anise
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 8 to 12 lettuce leaves
- 4 oz cucumber slices
- 2 oz red onion slices
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Rub sirloin with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and ginger.
- In large skillet, warm 1 teaspoon olive oil. Over high heat, sear sirloin for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer sirloin to a crock pot.
- Add teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, sesame oil, star anise and brown sugar; deglaze pan. Pour juices over meat in crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours. Discard anise.
- Cool sirloin slightly, shred; mix with hoisin sauce. Serve shredded beef on lettuce leaves.
- If desired, garnish wraps with cucumber slices, onion slices and sesame seeds.
Season beef (directly from the refrigerator), as desired, before placing beef in a preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water; do not cover.