This will be your new go-to for cookouts and date nights and everything in between.
Makes: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 60 Minutes
- 2 Star Ranch Angus® sirloin steaks, 1 inch thick, 5 to 6 oz
- ½ tablespoon of canola oil
- ¼ cup of red wine
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Pat dry Star Ranch Angus beef sirloin steaks. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes to bring steaks to room temperature.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or heavy duty fry pan on the stove over high heat. A non-stick pan is not recommended because they should not be used on high heat.
- Brush skillet with canola oil and add kosher salt.
- Sear the steaks on the bottom, top and sides.
Rare: 1.5 minutes per side
Medium-Rare: 2.5 minutes per side
Medium: 3.5 minutes per side
Well Done: 4.5 minutes per side
- Add the butter, freshly cracked pepper and tarragon. Then add red wine to deglaze skillet. The liquid will reduce by half.
- Transfer to a warm plate and spoon the butter sauce over steaks.
- Let steaks rest for 5 to 10 minutes. This allows the interior juices to redistribute.
Season beef (directly from the refrigerator), as desired, before placing beef in a preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water; do not cover.