Smoky Chipotle Pot Roast With Cornbread
Shake up your weeknight routine with savory comfort and just enough heat.
Makes: 6 to 8 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: More than 60 Minutes
- 1 Star Ranch Angus® shoulder roast, arm chuck roast boneless or blade chuck roast boneless (2 ½ to 4 pounds)
- 1 ½ teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- Prepared cornbread or corn muffins
- Press chili powder evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place pot roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 3 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Return liquid to stockpot; bring to a boil. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2 cups.
- Carve roast into thin slices; top with sauce. Serve with cornbread.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.
Slowly brown beef on all sides in small amount of oil in heavy pan over medium heat. Pour off drippings. Season beef with herbs or spices, as desired.