Enjoy summertime flavor any day of the year with fresh corn, lime and cilantro.
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 2 boneless Star Ranch Angus® top loin (strip) steaks, cut 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick (8 to 10 oz each)
- 1 medium lime
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 3 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional salt and pepper (optional)
- Grate peel and squeeze juice from lime. Combine lime peel and 1 teaspoon garlic in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in center of grill over medium heat, arrange corn around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 15 minutes on preheated gas grill for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill corn 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Carefully cut corn kernels from cob. Combine corn, cilantro, tomatoes, lime juice, remaining 2 teaspoons garlic and salt in medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve beef with corn salsa.
Prepare grill (charcoal or gas) according to manufacturer's directions for medium heat. To check temperature on a charcoal grill, cautiously hold the palm of your hand above the coals at cooking height. Count the number of seconds you can hold your hand in that position before the heat forces you to pull it away, approximately 4 seconds for medium heat.