Makes: Variable Servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 - 14 hours
- Star Ranch Angus® ground beef (four pounds)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 tomatillos
- 1 Spanish onion
- 1 large tomato
- 3 ½ cups white beans
- 16 oz roasted green Hatch chilies
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 2 tablespoons cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dry
- 2 quarts water or stock
- Grill or broil tomatillo, onion, tomato, chilies and garlic with olive oil for 10 minutes until charred.
- Puree and then mix with Star Ranch Angus ground beef, salt, black pepper, dry white beans and spices, and two quarts of stock or water.
- Set slow cooker for 2 hours on high, stir, and then switch to low for 12 hours. The slow cooker will keep it warm until you need it!
- Top each bowl with desired garnish, we recommend red onion, cilantro, avocado and queso fresco.
GROUND BEEF TIP
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.