Asian Braised Beef With Vegetables
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: More than 60 min
Bold flavor, tasty veggies and quality meat all in a delicious, one-pot meal.
Share this recipe:
- 2 ½ lbs Star Ranch Angus® stew meat, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 can (13.5 to 14 oz) coconut milk
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen Asian vegetable blend
- 6 cups cooked toasted almond rice pilaf or toasted pine nut couscous (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Combine beef, coconut milk, raisins and curry powder in stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1 ¾ to 2 ¼ hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in frozen vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve beef mixture over couscous, if desired. Season with salt.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.