Chunky Beef Chili
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: More than 60 min
Heat up your chili night with kickin’ flavor and mouthwatering beef chuck.
Share this recipe:
- 3 lb Star Ranch Angus® boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces or Star Ranch Angus beef for stew
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped red onion
- Jalapeño slices
- Crispy tortilla strips
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in batches. Add additional oil, if needed. Remove beef; sprinkle with salt.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pot. Add onion and jalapeño pepper; cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, oregano and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1 ¾ to 2 ¼ hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Add black beans; cook until heated through. Serve with toppers, if desired.
Crispy Tortilla Strips
Heat oven to 400°F. Cut 2 to 3 corn tortillas into ¼-inch wide strips. Place strips in single layer on baking sheet. Lightly brush with oil or spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 4 to 8 minutes or until crisp.