Servings: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: Up to 30 min
Get a little loco with your dinner menu!
Share this recipe:
- 1 lb Star Ranch Angus® ground beef (90% to 95% lean)
- 1 jar (16 oz) prepared salsa with black beans and corn
- 1 ½ cups shredded spicy Mexican cheese blend or shredded cheddar-jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 large flour tortillas (10-inch diameter)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into ¾ inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Reserve ½ cup salsa. Add remaining salsa, cheese and ¼ cup cilantro to beef; mix well. Spoon ¼ of beef mixture onto half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half to close. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350°F oven 10 to 11 minutes or until filling is heated through and edges of tortillas are lightly browned and crisp. Sprinkle with cilantro, as desired; serve with reserved salsa.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.