White Bean Chili With Ground Beef
Servings: Variable Servings | Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 12 – 14 hrs
Share this recipe:
- Star Ranch Angus® ground beef (four pounds)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 tomatillos
- 1 Spanish onion
- 1 large tomato
- 3 ½ cups white beans
- 16 oz roasted green Hatch chilies
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 2 tablespoons cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dry
- 2 quarts water or stock
- Grill or broil tomatillo, onion, tomato, chiles and garlic with olive oil for 10 minutes until charred.
- Puree and then mix with Star Ranch Angus ground beef, salt, black pepper, dry white beans and spices, and two quarts of stock or water.
- Set slow cooker for 2 hours on high, stir, and then switch to low for 12 hours. The slow cooker will keep it warm until you need it!
- Top each bowl with desired garnish, we recommend red onion, cilantro, avocado and queso fresco.