Grilled Sirloin With Soy Sauce, Garlic and Asparagus
Servings: 6-8 | Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 15 min
Marinade the sirloin overnight in soy sauce, steak sauce and olive oil, then grill it the next day with asparagus. Delicious!
Share this recipe:
- 6-8 portions Star Ranch Angus® sirloin (about 7-8 oz each)
- 2 cups soy sauce
- ½ cup chopped garlic
- 1 small bottle of your favorite steak sauce
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lemons
- 2 bundles of asparagus
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- In a large plastic sealable bag, put the soy sauce, garlic, steak sauce and half the oil. Set a small portion aside. Season the sirloin with pepper only and place in the bag. Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut the the asparagus, place in another plastic bag and season with salt, pepper, the juice of the two lemons and the zest from one lemon and the remaining oil. Shake to coat.
- Before dinner, turn the grill on high (450°F). When the grill is nice and hot, place the sirloin steaks and cook for 3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare) or to your desired doneness. Allow the steaks to rest for 15 minutes in a warm spot. While the steaks are resting, grill the asparagus for 1 to 2 minutes.
- in a small saucepot and slowly bring to a boil making sure to stir as it heats up. Remove from heat as soon as it boils.
- Slice the sirloin in thin slices, pour a small amount of marinade on the beef and serve with the grilled asparagus.