Asian Braised Beef With Vegetables
Bold flavor, tasty veggies and quality meat all in a delicious, one-pot meal.
Makes: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: More than 60 Minutes
- 2 ½ lbs Star Ranch Angus® stew meat, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 can (13.5 to 14 oz) coconut milk
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen Asian vegetable blend
- 6 cups cooked toasted almond rice pilaf or toasted pine nut couscous (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Combine beef, coconut milk, raisins and curry powder in stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1 ¾ to 2 ¼ hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in frozen vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve beef mixture over couscous, if desired. Season with salt.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.
Slowly brown beef on all sides in small amount of oil in heavy pan over medium heat. Pour off drippings. Season beef with herbs or spices, as desired.