Get a little loco with your dinner menu!
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Star Ranch Angus® ground beef (90% to 95% lean)
- 1 jar (16 oz) prepared salsa with black beans and corn
- 1 ½ cups shredded spicy Mexican cheese blend or shredded cheddar-jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 large flour tortillas (10-inch diameter)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into ¾ inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Reserve ½ cup salsa. Add remaining salsa, cheese and ¼ cup cilantro to beef; mix well. Spoon ¼ of beef mixture onto half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half to close. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350°F oven 10 to 11 minutes or until filling is heated through and edges of tortillas are lightly browned and crisp. Sprinkle with cilantro, as desired; serve with reserved salsa.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.
Ground Beef TIP
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.