Add some spice to your cookout with juicy burgers and all the right toppings.
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 1 ½ lb Star Ranch Angus® ground beef
- 4 teaspoons Ranch Rub (see recipe below)
- 4 hamburger rolls, split, toasted
- Ranch dressing
- Crispy french-fried onions
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Lightly shape ground beef into four, ¾ inch thick patties. Press Ranch Rub onto patties.
- Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 13 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 14 minutes), turning occasionally, until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers (160ºF).
- Serve in buns with dressing, onions, lettuce and tomato.
- Combine all ingredients. Store in airtight container. Shake before using.
Serving suggestion: Mixed greens salad
Prepare grill (charcoal or gas) according to manufacturer's directions for medium heat. To check temperature on a charcoal grill, cautiously hold the palm of your hand above the coals at cooking height. Count the number of seconds you can hold your hand in that position before the heat forces you to pull it away, approximately 4 seconds for medium heat.