After-Work Beef Pot Roast Dinner
Servings: 6 – 8 Servings | Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: More than 60 min
Let the smell of comfort greet you at the door!
Share this recipe:
- 1 Star Ranch Angus® shoulder roast, boneless,
or bottom round rump roast (3 to 3 ½ pounds)
- 1 packet (0.7 oz) Italian dressing mix
- 2 large onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 zucchini, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 2 ½ tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Press dressing mix evenly onto all surfaces of beef pot roast. Place onions and garlic in 4 ½ to 5 ½ quart slow cooker; top with pot roast. Add bell peppers and broth. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or on LOW 8 hours. Add zucchini. Continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until pot roast is fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast and vegetables. Strain cooking liquid; skim fat. Combine 2 cups cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
- Carve pot roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.