Herb Rubbed Rib Roast
Servings: 5 – 7 Servings | Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: More than 60 min
When it’s time to gather, celebrate and savor, this is the recipe for you.
Share this recipe:
- 1 Star Ranch Angus® rib roast, 5 to 6 pounds
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- Combine all the dried ingredients.
- Rub dry ingredients all over the roast.
- Place the meat on a rack in a roasting pan
- Cook for 25 minutes and then reduce temperature to 300°F.
Rare: 16 to 18 minutes per pound
Medium-Rare: 18 to 20 minutes per pound
Medium: 20 to 22 minutes per pound
Well done: 26 to 30 minutes per pound
- Let roast rest for 20 to 30 minutes before carving.