Slow Cooked Pot Roast With Balsamic Sauce
Servings: 6 Servings | Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: More than 60 min
Enjoy mouthwatering flavor that’s well worth the wait!
Share this recipe:
- 1 Star Ranch Angus® chuck shoulder pot roast (about 3 lb)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 small onions, halved, sliced
- 4 medium shallots, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped pitted dates (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat beef with flour. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef. Season with salt and pepper, remove.
- Add water and vinegar to stockpot; cook until browned bits attached to pan are dissolved. Return pot roast. Add onions, shallots and dates; bring to a boil. Cover tightly and cook in 325°F oven 2 to 2 ½ hours or until pot roast is fork-tender. Remove pot roast; keep warm.
- Cook liquid and vegetables over medium-high heat to desired consistency. Serve pot roast with sauce.
Serving suggestions: Mashed sweet potatoes, steamed green beans & cherry tomatoes.