Cowboy Style Chuck Roast With Beans
Servings: 6| Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: More than 60 min
This is where savory comfort food meets flavor with a kick!
Share this recipe:
- 1 to 3 lb Star Ranch Angus® boneless chuck roast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2 13.5 oz cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- 1 12 oz bottle of lager beer
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat in a 12” Dutch oven. Add sliced onions and chopped garlic. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes, or until the onions are slightly translucent. Remove onions from the pan momentarily and wipe out any excess particles.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season the meat with salt and cumin.
- Put 2 more tablespoons of olive oil into the Dutch oven and turn the burner heat to high. When oil is hot but not smoking, add seasoned meat and cook for 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Add chipotle pepper powder and oregano. Add onions back into the pan along with salsa, beans and beer.
- Place cover on pot and place into oven. Cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours, until very tender.
- Serve with hearty slices of cornbread or roasted corn on the cob.