Let the smell of comfort greet you at the door!
Makes: 6 to 8 Servings
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: More than 60 Minutes
- 1 Star Ranch Angus® shoulder roast, boneless, or bottom round rump roast (3 to 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 packet (0.7 oz) Italian dressing mix
- 2 large onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Press dressing mix evenly onto all surfaces of beef pot roast. Place onions and garlic in 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 quart slow cooker; top with pot roast. Add bell peppers and broth. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or on LOW 8 hours. Add zucchini. Continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until pot roast is fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast and vegetables. Strain cooking liquid; skim fat. Combine 2 cups cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
- Carve pot roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.
Slow Cooking TIP
Place chopped vegetables on bottom of 4 1/2 to 5 1/2-quart slow cooker. Vegetables are placed on the bottom and sides, closer to the heat source, because they tend to cook more slowly than meat in the slow cooker.