When it’s time to gather, celebrate and savor, this is the recipe for you.
Makes: 5 to 7 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: More than 60 Minutes
- 1 Star Ranch Angus® rib roast, 5 to 6 pounds
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 450°
- Combine all the dried ingredients.
- Rub dry ingredients all over the roast.
- Place the meat on a rack in a roasting pan
- Cook for 25 minutes and then reduce temperature to 300°F.
Rare: 16 to 18 minutes per pound
Medium-Rare: 18 to 20 minutes per pound
Medium: 20 to 22 minutes per pound
Well done: 26 to 30 minutes per pound
- Let roast “rest” for 20 to 30 minutes before carving.
Place roast (directly from refrigerator), fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan (the exception is a rib roast; the ribs form a natural rack).