Grilled Southwest Steaks With Spicy Corn Salsa
Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: Up to 30 min
This is where fresh flavor meets quality beef for a kickin’ cookout favorite!
Share this recipe:
- 2 Star Ranch Angus® boneless beef chuck shoulder
steaks, cut ¾ inch thick (8 to 10 ounces each)
- ½ cup prepared sweet barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Combine barbecue sauce, onion, cilantro and peppers in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate ¼ cup for salsa. Place beef steaks and remaining barbecue sauce mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 12 minutes) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine corn and reserved ¼ cup marinade in small bowl; season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with corn salsa.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.