Loaded Garlic Steak and Cheddar Potatoes
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 30 – 60 min
A deliciously cheesy spin on the classic meat and potatoes.
Share this recipe:
- 1 to 2 lb Star Ranch Angus® top sirloin steak, center-cut
- 6 extra large baking potatoes, 14 oz each
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 1 ½ cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Prepare the potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Thoroughly wash outside of potatoes and pierce them with a fork. Place the potatoes directly on oven rack and bake for 1 hour, until fork inserts easily into center of potatoes.
Prepare the steak:
- While potatoes are baking, rub outside of steak with chopped garlic and salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate while potatoes are baking.
- After potatoes have been in oven for 30 minutes, preheat grill to 425ºF.
Cook the steak:
- Grill steak for 4 to 6 minutes per side with the lid on, being careful to keep it away from hot spots so the garlic does not burn. Place steak on a cutting board and allow to rest until potatoes are done. Cut steak into thin slices.
Stuff the potatoes for serving:
- Allow potatoes to rest for 5 minutes before cutting a lengthwise slit in the top and scooping the insides to a bowl, leaving a sturdy ¼-inch skin intact for stuffing. Toss the potatoes with ranch seasoning and 1 cup of the grated cheese, then spoon back into potato skins. Top with steak slices and remaining cheddar cheese and scallions to serve.