Beef Sirloin With Mustard Glaze
Savor the flavor of sirloin with a glaze that’s sweet, spicy, herby and delicious.
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 1 Star Ranch Angus® sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 medium red onions, cut into ½-inch wedges
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1 ½-inch strips
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine glaze ingredients in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds, stirring once. Brush glaze on beef steak.
- Alternately thread vegetables on soaked wooden skewers; brush lightly with oil.
- Place steaks and vegetable skewers on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill vegetables about 10 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Carve steak into ¼ inch thick slices. Season steak and vegetables with salt and pepper.
Prepare grill (charcoal or gas) according to manufacturer's directions for medium heat. To check temperature on a charcoal grill, cautiously hold the palm of your hand above the coals at cooking height. Count the number of seconds you can hold your hand in that position before the heat forces you to pull it away, approximately 4 seconds for medium heat.