Here’s a Game Time goodie that’ll bring fans to their feet!
Makes: 12 to 16 sandwiches Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 2 Star Ranch Angus® top sirloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 to 16 small crusty oval-shaped rolls, split
- Baby spinach or arugula leaves
- 12 to 16 slices fontina or provolone cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Generously spread pesto onto both sides of steaks; place on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes until steaks are medium-rare to medium doneness, turning several times.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic mayo ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Carve steak crosswise into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread garlic mayo on bottom portion of rolls; cover with single layer of spinach. Top with steak slices and cheese. Close sandwich with top half of roll.
Prepare grill (charcoal or gas) according to manufacturer's directions for medium heat. To check temperature on a charcoal grill, cautiously hold the palm of your hand above the coals at cooking height. Count the number of seconds you can hold your hand in that position before the heat forces you to pull it away, approximately 4 seconds for medium heat.