You’re 5 ingredients away from enjoying a 5-star recipe.
Makes: 4 to 6 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 2 to 4 Star Ranch Angus® ribeye steaks, cut 1 ½ inch thick
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine rub ingredients; press evenly onto steaks.
- Place steaks on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 16 to 20 minutes (15 to 19 minutes over medium heat on preheated gas grill) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks when internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium doneness. Tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 minutes. Temperature will continue to rise to reach 145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium doneness.
- Carve steak into thick slices. Season with salt, if desired
Serving suggestion: Grilled corn-on-the-cob and tri-colored pepper skewers
Rubs can be applied just before cooking. For more pronounced flavor, apply rub to beef, then refrigerate for several hours.