Grilled Southwest Steaks With Spicy Corn Salsa
This is where fresh flavor meets quality beef for a kickin’ cookout favorite!
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 2 Star Ranch Angus® boneless beef chuck shoulder steaks, cut ¾ inch thick (8 to 10 ounces each)
- ½ cup prepared sweet barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Combine barbecue sauce, onion, cilantro and peppers in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate ¼ cup for salsa. Place beef steaks and remaining barbecue sauce mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 12 minutes) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine corn and reserved ¼ cup marinade in small bowl; season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with corn salsa.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff.
Turn or stir the beef occasionally to allow even exposure to the marinade.