Let goodness sizzle and simmer to savory perfection.
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes
- 2 Star Ranch Angus® boneless strip steaks, cut 1 to 1 ¼ inch thick
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ lb small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or green onion
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Remove.
- Wipe skillet out with paper towels; spray with cooking spray. Heat over medium until hot. Combine lemon peel and pepper; press onto beef steaks. Place steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; keep warm.
- Add brandy to skillet; cook and stir until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Stir in half-and-half, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in mushroom mixture; heat through. Carve steaks; serve with sauce.
Serving suggestion: Roasted fall vegetables
Season beef (directly from the refrigerator), as desired, before placing beef in a preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water; do not cover.